[Nagiosplug-help] Probelm with check_procs on solaris 8

Kjell Grindalen kjell.grindalen at sio.no
Thu Jan 13 07:03:00 CET 2005

Hello!

I have a strange problem with check_procs plugin on solaris 8, which I
compiled for use with nrpe.

My nrpe is running as user nagios, under group nagios.

If I try to run check_procs as any other user then root, I get: "Unable to
read output"
But running it as root works perfectly well, unfortunatly I can run nrpe as
root (or rather, luckily,  I can't :-) )
All the nagios/nrpe plugins are owned by the user nagios, and group
ownership is set to nagios as well.
All my other plugins work both locally and by nrpe from the nagios host
except for the check_procs

I tried searching for this problem on google but I found only questions no
answer, so hence...

Any idea on what to check out would be greatly appreciated!

I run the 1.3.1 plugin package

Mvh

Kjell Grindalen